Money Management for Creative Types
with Melanie Lockert of Dear Debt
with Melanie Lockert of Dear Debt
Learn how to Manage Your Finances and Increase Your Income as a Creative Professional.
This on-demand program will give you life-time access to all of the workshop content, so you can participate on your own schedule.
Do you feel overwhelmed when it comes to managing money? Are you working full time on your creative business, but struggling to make a full time income? Are you saddled with debt that you can’t seem to get out of? This three-day live workshop will give you a plan for meeting your income goals, and leave you with the tools you need to make your money work for you.
You will learn how to:
– Track your income and expenses in a manageable way
– Price your work to meet your income goals
– Find new ways to increase your income
– Create a manageable plan for paying off big debt
Melanie Lockert is a Portland-based personal finance writer and founder of the award-winning blog Dear Debt. Currently, she’s a few short months away from paying off all of her student loans — all $81,000. In the past year, Melanie has doubled her income and paid off $20,000 in debt. As a creative professional, Melanie runs on coffee, wine, music and a good standing desk dance party.
Session One: Making Money
– Setting income goals and creating a plan to reach them
– Finding new ways to monetize your skills
– Creating multiple revenue streams
– Asking for what you are worth — why it’s hard and how to get over it
– Coming up with your real hourly rate/why per project is a better way to price your services
– How to price your services and know when to charge more
– Embracing BOSS: You are not just an artist, you are a business owner
Session Two: Managing Money
– Tracking your income and expenses in a manageable way
– How to pay off debt with an inconsistent income
– Managing business expenses/deductions
– How to create a budget
– How to use your income to fund your goals
– Enhancing your money mindset
Session Three: Growing Your Business (and Your Networth)
– The art of the follow-up and finding work within your community
– Build a brand for your business, so work starts coming to you
– The #1 Rule: Pay yourself first
– How to negotiate — and why you must do it
– Delegation and outsourcing
– Business tools and resources
3 Recorded Sessions
Our recorded workshop sessions allow you to work through this entire program on your own schedule, and our private Facebook group will give you a chance to connect with the other participants.
3 Daily Lessons
Each session includes a daily lesson packed with resources to help you put everything you learn into action.
All of the content is packaged into a downloadable comprehensive workbook that will give you lifetime access to the recorded workshop content.
How does it work?
How does it work? You will get a downloadble PDF that will give you access to all of workshop content. This on-demand workshop includes access to three recorded sessions with our instructor Each session includes an hour-long video, downloadble worksheets and other free resources. You will also get access to an exclusive facebook group which will connect you with 200+ artists who are building the same type of business as you are.
What if I don’t like the workshop?
We want everyone to leave 100% happy. Let us know if you are not totally satisfied with the workshop, and we will give you a complete refund.
Who’s this workshop for?
This workshop is for creatives who want to build a business around their passion.
Who created this workshop?
This course was created by Melanie Lockert in partnership with Modern Thrive.
What if I’m just starting out?
This workshop was designed for creatives at all levels. This workshop will help you find the path to building a business around your passion. (regardless of where you are in the journey)
Got another question?
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org